December 16, 2006
Archive
Shey est bien arrivee!! She got here Sunday evening around 7:30pm, and we spent the whole evening just talking and talking and talking. Unfortunately this week I had to work everyday except Friday, so Shey was on her own, let loose in Carca! All I can say is watch out boys! On Monday after work, we went to writing group together. It was just women this time, and more of us youngsters than usual, and it was really relaxed and fruitful. It also launched a whole theme to the week of discussing writing, and our various styles. I had a dinner party on Tuesday with 6 guests, and that was fun. Then on Wednesday, Shey and Jana and I went on a long walk in the Corbieres. The path we took had sculptures and installations every few hundred meters, and it was a beautiful view over the valley. On Thursday, Shey and I wandered around la cite, had tea and cake at my favorite salon du the, cooked dinner, and just hung out. On Friday, we hung out in Carca, went to la cite at night with Jana, cooked dinner, then went out to the pub, had all our drinks paid for by parachuters, I met a French band- three great French guys who were hilarious!-, and then we went out dancing until 3:30. Saturday we went to the market and then I met Pierre, Bob, David, and David (my posse of middle age men) for wine at the cafe, and Shey met up with us later. The rest of Saturday was spent walking around, and then to Michaela's for vin chaud and cookies. We went to bed early, woke up on Sunday, went for a short walk around town, and then to the airport. It was SUCH a great week with Shey! We had long long talks, great meals, fun little adventures, and she really got to fit into my life here for a week, experience the town, meet my friends, and just relax. She is moving to Mali for three years, and though I'll see her again briefly before she goes, we were both so thankful to have a week just to ourselves with nothing to do really but spend time with each other. I don't recall having so much free uninterrupted time with my best friend since we were kids.
This week has been very calm. Lot's of Christmas shopping and parties. Three dinner parties, two apero's, writing group, etc. I've been packing and getting ready for my trip! I even celebrated Chanukah! We made latkes and played dreidel (spelling?) and then went out to five in the morning. Feeling pretty good today...Saturday- market (as usual), coffee after with friends, then lunch with friends, cafe, and then we went on the giant ferris wheel with amazing views of la cite! It was beautiful. Tonight is another dinner party, tomorrow will be a degustation (wine tasting) and baking cookies for my students. Work on Monday and Tuesday, and then I'll be flying home on Wednesday!
When I have more time, I will write about Christmas time here in Carcassonne!
I hope you're all doing well, and I can't wait to see you! See you soon!
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks great! I love that I can leave you devious comments now.
Bwahahaha.
Oooooh Ariel and I had the same evil thought!! Hope all is well in La France.
There you are! I hope things are going well. You must get me your mailing address! I have important documents to send to you! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment