September 29, 2006
Archive
I got my teaching schedule. I was hired to work 12 hours per week, which sounded reasonable for my vacation here in Europe, but my real schedule is more like 9 hours a week, with several weeks a month that I don't even have classes. Thus leading to the question...what am I going to do with all that time? My dad's response, of course, would be "eat as much cassoulet as you can!". Not too terribly tempting... My answer of course is to travel; let's just hope that I can afford it!
In other news, I have some friends! Sonia is Spanish, Michaela is German, and I met some French girls the other night who will soon become amies, they just don't know it yet.
I've mostly just been getting things done (so many papers to sign, accounts to open, etc.) and hanging out in town. The people here are so nice and helpful. I feel really happy and comfortable in Carcassonne, and I think it's partly because it re,inds me of Portland- active but laid back, really friendly and not at all pretentious. Lots of trees and green space, and lots of people walking in the streets and saying hello to each other.
I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my own computer working, and then I will have more time to work on this journal. Until next time!
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment