Monday, January 29, 2007

Funny Stories

A couple of funny stories for you!


  1. I like this story. I was teaching the other day, and we were doing clothing and fashion. It was already into a questionable arena when I had to explain the difference between boxers and briefs, and also when a student said something about men wearing panties. Later on, we were playing a game “I'm going to a wedding, and I'm going to wear ___________” with an adjective and a noun. There were 9 women in class and one very shy man, Thomas, who is a friend of mine. So, all the girls went around and said, “I'm going to a wedding and I'm going to wear a green skirt, or a purple scarf, or a big hat”. And then it gets to Thomas, and he says, “I'm going to a wedding, and I'm going to wear kangaroo briefs”. And I said, 'what are kangaroo briefs?'. And my students all started saying, 'you know, kangaroo briefs, for men.' And I asked if that was the brand of the briefs. They said no. And then I asked why there were called that. And one of the girls said, “because they have a little pouch”, and then another girl looked at Thomas, and back at me and said “or a big pouch”, and poor Thomas turned about the color of ketchup. I think I learned my lesson about teaching students about underwear!

  2. Story number two also comes from a student. We were talking about schools, and I asked them to share a strong memory from their school days. There were a lot of stories about broken wrists and cracked-open heads and mean games. And then one girl told the story of her classroom pet, a little bunny. During the summer, no one in the class could take the bunny, so the teacher gave it to a school neighbor to take care of it during the summer. This older gentlemen, according to my student, 'he kill the bunny and he eat it!'. I thought I was never going to stop laughing. It seems like the most 'French' story I could ever hear!



I hope you're doing well and enjoying your own funny surroundings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it rabbit cassoulet?

Anonymous said...

You're never going to be able to look at a kangaroo the same way again! Hehe, I like your funny stories!
-Kate

D. said...

Ha! Kangaroo pants! I love these stories.

Devon