Friday, January 19, 2007

Carcassonne

September 28, 2006
Archive

I hear it's 80° in Portland. That's lovely! The weather is perfect here too, t-shirt and jeans weather. I can't explain how beautiful Carcassonne is. It's a small town, which actually has three parts to it- the medieval cite, the old ville-basse, and the more modern city around it. The cite is a complete wall city, with blue turrets and huge doors. Think knights in shining armor, damsels in gauzy dresses, and jesters jumping around. People live and work in the city. Then the ville-basse (in the bastide St. Louis), where I live, is a crowded old town with narrow streets and ancient buildings. I have a studio apartment on the top floor of a building that is for young working people. Basically, it's like being in college again, except this time I'm encouraged to have wine in my room.

Ok, I have to get off the internet, but will write more soon!

No comments: